13 February 2010

Heineken House, anyone?

I know it's only Day 2, but I can't help but think I'm going to want to wake up every morning feeling very Olympic, which is what I felt like today. I have come to realize that while Neil's blog is about his and his family's trip and includes so many event anecdotes, mine is definitely just about the party!

It was a quiet morning until Neil came back from his run with news that protesters had thrown a mailbox or newspaper box into the window at The Bay. Oy vey. I'm sure some of the organizers were pretty pissed that the message got lost in the stupidity of a few people - anarchists really, who masked themselves and then changed their clothes behind a nearby dumpster. (After yesterdays mini-marathon, you'd think my dear cousin would forgo the run today, but oh no... he ran even farther: 12.2 miles or something like that - this is Canada, Neil, think metric.)

Neil and the girls went to some short track events at Pacific Coliseum, but it looks like the Richmond Olympic Oval was the place to be today. Sven Kramer just won the gold in the Men's 5000 metre. Heineken/Holland House is going to be the party house tonight.

Lorna and I are deciding where to go. Neil does not have a key to the apartment.

Wilco is at Live City Yaletown.

What do we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment