18 February 2010

Meeting an old friend...

I can't quite seem to post at the right time! It's past midnight, which means the time stamp on this post will read the day after these particular thought and events. The date probably doesn't matter to you, but it sort of does to me... woteva. I'm digressing again.

One of the coolest things about living downtown is definitely the crowds. Funny, I know. I have to admit that I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all and I'm kind of sad that I'm leaving on Saturday, even if it is going to be for a cruise...

Anyway, I've been running into people quite often. In fact, I ran into Una and Anne Marie twice in a 24 hour span. And, yesterday, Joy and Pete caught me as I was surfing the crowds to meet some other friends.

Today, Rich Liu (yes, STMC) called and we were able to meet for a quick Tim Horton's He was part of the Canadian Organizing Committee for the Beijing Olympics and he was an Outfitter for these Olympics - his tour of duty is done today and so we were able to meet. It's pretty cool because he has been responsible for dressing a bunch of Olympic athletes, including Sydney Crosby and Hayley Wickenheiser (who spoke the Olympic Athlete's Oath at the Opening Ceremonies on behalf of the other athletes), and he had Wayne Gretzsky's boots... I got the skinny from him about pins and the Coca Cola Pavillion, which is supposed to be great. It seems like I have a bunch of Pavillions to visit before I leave on Saturday. (Hurry up and get here, K!)

No comments:

Post a Comment