28 February 2010

thirteen???!!!

I'm away for seven days and Canada wins a bunch of medals... 13 GOLD, to be exact! I would love to have seen them in real time! (According to British media, "For the Canadians it's either gold or nothing...")

I have asked Khristine and Gail and a few others to send me their thoughts and so I'll post their recollections later on. (Apparently, when you don't check your email for a few days, people's posts get stuck in cyberspace.)

The general feeling on the streets has not changed and if you were watching CTV this morning, you very likely heard some athletes' comments on how upon arriving at the airport "everything was Olympic and [that] the village is supposed to be Olympic, but the streets... it's a gong show." (Bonus points if you can tell me which speed skater said that this morning, in the most positive of ways, of course.) I've been trying to convey how olympic Vancouver has really become and today, on the last day of the Games, I'm a bit sad at how QUIET it will be in just a few more weeks once the Para-Olympics, too, close.

Canada v. USA... in about an hour... Malou has had to wait for two trains to get here. (Neil, wish you could be here.)

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment