14 February 2010

is this burning an e-ternal flame?

I got over the fact that I wasn't Dutch pretty quickly - Neil was still up for having a beer as soon as Amanda and Alison were in bed. The plan was to meet Dave & John after the Wilco concert at Live City Yaletown. They bailed. Something about having to still walk over the bridge and drive to Maple Ridge... blah, blah, blah. (It is now Day 3, but these events were from Day 2.)

Marie and HQ were still at Joey's Bentall and so Neil and I decided to trek out there - in the pouring rain. (Ask me how big my hair got. Go ahead!) It didn't matter which route we walked, everyone in the world was there. Granville and Robson looked like rave central...

How do I even begin to describe what this is like? Imagine a Bollywood film opening plus a 7th game in the second to last round of the Stanley Cup playoffs (and the Canucks have just won - duh), and multiply that by 100. Does that paint a good enough picture?


We had beer and shnacks with Marie and the Harv (HQ) and decide to go down by the new convention centre... let it go on record, here, that it was Malou, Marie, and the Harv who tried to harmonize like The Bangles. (By this time it's 2am-ish and those three had consumed some beverages...) Ask Neil or John what the structure reminds them of - I agree though if you ask me, I'll deny it. I still think Dave should've been part of VanOC - he thought it would be cool if Gretzsky shot a flaming puck into a structure that would ignite a cauldron of some sort...

No comments:

Post a Comment